10.30.2007

Pink!

My Mom's favorite color is pink. Growing up, we had pink leather couches, pink sheets, pink drapes, pink towels, some pink walls, and a pink quilt hanging on our family room wall. Needless to say, when I went to college with all my pink things, I decided I didn't like pink. To put it another way, my Mom "pinked me out." Since then I have stayed away from pink.


But lately pink has made a little bit of a comeback with me. It's not just because I recently had a baby girl, I painted her room a certainly celery and dress her in almost amethyst and lavender lace, but I actually think pink is a nice color (am I actually admitting this?) And especially for this month, I actually made a pink card!






I was very inspired by Lauraly's beautiful card. I just used the swirly stamp from Priceless because I didn't have the same patterned paper that she used in her card. I used In the Spotlight for the flowers, embossed "cherish" from Warm Words in white, and scalloped the circle with the small corner rounder punch. I actually bought the pink taffeta ribbon to finish off the card! And guess who this card is for? My Mom. Love you Mom!

3 comments:

www.alifeandartinprogress.blogspot.com said...

This is such a pretty card..I love how you used the pink here...

bensarmom said...

This is just beautiful. Your mother would love it!

kathleenh said...

So pretty! Pinked you out! lol.