7.23.2008

Blossoms Abound


I will really miss this beautiful set, Blossoms Abound, when it retires next month. I love two-step stamping and the beautiful effect it has! For this project I made a little mini tote and some 3x3 cards to go with it.

The tote is super easy to put together. I started with a 5 1/2 x 6 1/2 piece of bravo burgundy and scored it at 1 and 4 1/2 on the 5 1/2 side and 2 3/4 and 3 3/4 on the 6 1/2 side. I cut on the 2 3/4 and 3 3/4 scores from the outside 1" to the crosswise scoreline on both sides.
Then I used a piece of 1 3/4 x 2 3/4 piece of whisper white with bravo burgundy stamped off for the first layer and then the full strength for the second layer to get the two-step stamping effect. I did the same with certainly celery for the leaves.
I cut a thin 3/4 x 11 strip of certainly celery for the handle and my marker to curl the strip before I adhered it to the box. That trick helps give the cardstock a nice curve without getting any ugly creases in it.
I stamped friend in bravo burgundy and then punched it out with the small oval punch and layered it with a piece of certainly celery punched out from the large oval punch.
Then I made some simple 3x3 cards to go in the tote. I left off a sentiment so that the receiver of this gift could use them for whatever she likes or even stamp her own sentiment on them.
Don't forget to place your order for these retiring stamp sets and accessories before August 10th! I will be placing an order this week, so call or email me to get your order in!

No comments: