7.16.2008

Dreams Du Jour & Sketch Challenge

BLOG CANDY ALERT ( see next post to win!)

As promised here is a sneak peek of one of the new Stampin' Up! sets that will be available in the new catalog August 11th, Dreams Du Jour.

I decided to try my first splitcoast sketch challenge. Here is the layout:



I also used the new In Colors Kiwi Kiss, Pirouette Pink, and Riding Hood Red and the new Bella Rose dsp. And I just had to use the new scallop edge punch too! Here is the card:


I used a lot of dimensionals on this card! I just love the way they make everything pop! I also made the butterflies 3-dimensional by stamping them on the cardstock and then stamping another one and cutting it out and then popping out the wings.


How did I do? I'll have to try some more splitcoast challenges, this one was fun!

Recipe:
Stamps: Dreams Du Jour
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Pirouette Pink, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Bella Rose dsp, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Red gingham ribbon, scallop edge punch, lots of dimensionals

4 comments:

Cassie said...

oh.my.gosh.
i love this set!!
and i really, really lOVE what you did with it!! I think I will have to case this card!! No, I will have to = there is no "thinking" about it!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just beautiful Elaine! I love this layout and the colors. Those images are fabulous and the popped up butterflies are lovely. Awesome job with the sketch. :)

Nicole said...

so pretty!
I love this sketch - very striking!

Lynn said...

Just beautiful! Love all the cut out butterflies!