7.12.2008

Retiring Stamp Projects



These are the cards we made at my Retiring Stamp party. I'm still having a hard time parting with the In Colors. I've really enjoyed using them this year. Can you tell? I've used them in all of these cards too!



For the first card, I used Wild Rose and Porcelain Prints dsp. I love how I can easily pick colors from the dsp to create my cards and projects! So for this card I used stamped the smaller flower from Wild Rose (retiring) on very vanilla and matted it on bayou blue. I used the ticket corner punch on the corners. Then I stamped "Happy Birthday" from It's Your Birthday (retiring) and punched it out with the large oval punch and matted it on a piece of bayou blue I punched out with the designer label punch. I love how the ticket corner punch coordinated with the designer label punch. I finished it off with some bayou blue double-stitched ribbon. I sure hope SU is coming out with new ribbon in the In Color colors!


For the next card I kept it simple. I stamped the blossoms from Blossoms Abound (retiring) in purely pomegranate matted on wild wasabi and mounted it on dimensionals. I tied some wild wasabi striped grosgrain ribbon onto some hodgepodge hardware (retiring) and stamped thanks from Much Appreciated (retiring)on the side.


For the last card I used the Artfully Asian set. Since I'm half Chinese, I love Asian sets and keep all of them! I used groovy guava, river rock and basic black, but I decided to use basic grey to stamp the sentiment and flowers. This is the first time I've used basic grey and I really like the softness of the color. I just heard the other day that gray is the new black!

I stamped the "Thank You" and then punched it out with the large oval punch. I wish SU had a larger oval punch, but they don't so I improvised. I punched two large black ovals and placed one a little up and one a little down so it looks like a larger oval. I figure it's better than trying to free hand cut an oval, right?

Stay tuned for next week! I will be showing some of the new products that will be available in the next catalog and well as some blog candy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous projects!! :)