8.29.2008

New Catalog Open House

I had my New Catalog Open House last night. We made two cute cards and a little chocolate treat holder. Thanks to everyone who came!

The first card we made, I saw here on SplitCoast Stampers by Julie. I loved how simple and bold the card is and everyone loved the new Pacific Point InColor!

I used the new Top Note Sizzix die-cut and then stamped colored the flowers old olive and the branches in chocolate chip and then stamped it sideways on the paper. Then I punched out three small flowers of pacific point cs with the trio flower punch and added brads to the middle and used glue dots to adhere them randomly to the flower branch. I used the sentiment from the Inspired by Nature set in the top right corner.



Next, we made a card with the new set, Flight of the Butterfly. I love butterflies! We used a lot of punches for this one: the scallop punch, the 1 3/8", 1 1/4", and 1" circle punches, and the scallop edge punch. We started with pink pirouette and stamped the flower in pink pirouette across the top. Although it looks black in this picture, we used chocolate chip for the layers.



The last project we did was a little chocolate treat holder. We started with a piece of 2 1/4" x 7 1/2" piece of riding hood red cardstock and scored lengthwise at 3", 3 3/4", and 6 3/4".

Then we stamped the for you stamp from Say it with Scallops, the new Ronald McDonald House set and punched it out with the new scallop square punch. We adhered it to a piece of kiwi kiss and then to a 2" square of bella rose dsp.

Next, we punched two holes in the top flap and threaded some of the new kiwi kiss/very vanilla satin ribbon through. It's so soft! We punched the small flower with the Boho Blossoms punch out of some pink pirouette. But the best part of all is the Ghiradelli chocolate squares we tucked into the pouch!


At the party, I announced that I have three classes planned, so stay tuned for more details! Have a great three day weekend!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Those are all adorable--I'm glad you had a good party!

Cassie said...

sounds like fun! and that chocolate treat holder - TOO CUTE!!!