5.20.2009

Flower Pot Card


I love these Flower Pot cards!  They are so cute!  I finally got a chance to make one last week at our Demonstrator group meeting.   

We started with a 3 1/2" x 9" piece of close to cocoa cardstock scored at 2" and 5 1/2" and scalloped one end.  We tapered the sides of the 2" section by trimming from the score line to the bottom by lining up the edge on the 1/2" mark of the Stampin' Up! paper trimmer.

For the flowers, we cut the sumer sun scallop circles to create petals and added a close to cocoa center and some petals from the 5-petal flower punch for leaves.  We mounted them on dimensionals and adhered them to a 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" size card to slide into the flower pot.  

We added a belly band around the pot to hold the card together.  The card will fit in an invitation (A1) size envelope.

We added the cutest little ladybug with a 1/2" real red circle cut and dotted on top of a 1/2" black circle and a 1/2" black circle for the ladybug's head.

Here is another one that my friend Donna made.  I love how she used the Die Cut Blooms and ribbon on her version!

Stayed tuned for my first challenge that I will post on Friday!


2 comments:

lisa808 said...

These are so pretty. I especially like the addition of the lady bug.

Karen Graff-Povis said...

Hi! I love your flower pot card. Love that cute ladybug! I have to make one! Thanks for sharing!