7.24.2009

Poppin' Pastels Medallion

This was definitely a WOW card for me when I saw it in the new catalog. I had to study it for a little while to figure out how the color was added. When I saw some smudges of color all around the edges I immediately knew it was the Poppin' Pastels technique!

I started by stamping the medallion in old olive on old olive cardstock. Then I stamped the medallion in versamark on some Natural Ivory cardstock and used a sponge dauber to swirl on some creamy caramel in the center and then some old olive around the rest of the medallion.

I stamped the medallion in versamark again on another piece of natural ivory cardstock and swirled some old olive on to create the center with a build a brad.

It's so cool to see the image magically appear, so I had to show it to you in my latest tutorial below!





No comments: