4.23.2010

Scallop Square Card Tote


This is the project that we made at my stamp club last night. I've seen this cute scallop square card tote on several blogs, but I can't locate where I saw the one that I will be giving instructions for - I will keep looking.

I started with 2 scallop squares cut out with the Big Shot and then polka-dot textured with the new Perfect Polka embossing folder. Then I cut out a 6" x 9" piece of sage shadow and scored at 1" from each of the 9" sides and at 4" from each of the 6" sides. I added the scallop squares to the front and back and attached a 1/2" x 8-1/2" handle to the sides with brads.

I cut out some barely banana top notes and then rotated them 90 degrees and ran them through the big shot again to create the layer for the front.

I cut the cards to 3-1/2" x 10 to fit the envelopes from the Note Cards set (107311) that comes with 20 5-1/8"x 3-5/8" envelopes. These envelopes fit perfectly in the tote!

I used the new Awash with Flowers stamp set - a sneak peek set coming in the new catalog in July available only for a limited time. You can earn this set for free when you host a $350 workshop! Click here to learn more about the special - including 20% off select two-step stampin' sets.

Here is a tutorial that I created for this Scallop Square Card Tote where show you a cool trick that my friend Kathleen figured out!





1 comment:

Lorraine Toll said...

Hello Elaine, Thank you for the inspiration I'm passing the Sunshine Award to you.

Lorraine w/ www.lorrainesstampincorner.blogspot.com